Friday 10 September 2010

The Killing Jar 2010


Friday night and another week done! I thought I would put some information on my latest work. At present I have been extremely busy with Restoration Work and the work I do with Pool arts and Gorton Visual Arts. I have had little time for painting apart from a few pieces here and there. My big project has been a bit of a Pandora's box, I have looked inside and spent three months dealing with what I have seen.

The project is a departure from my usual practice of painting but still feeds into the large spectrum or world view that I take. The Killing jar is an ongoing project that has been fuelled by the conflict in Afghanistan, with UK casualties alone going past the three hundred mark, i feel compelled to create a piece of work tackling the immense waste of life that is taking place at present. For more information please visit the Killing Jar Hub on Wordpress: http://thekillingjar.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment